To get the source from repository type "svn co http://n2rrd.diglinks.com/repos/n2rrd/tags/VERSION"
I would suggest to use SVN, cause small fixes are applied immediatly.
e.g. VERSION = 1.4.3 or 1.4.4
Extracting the source
VER = n2rrd version
- cd /tmp
- tar zxvf n2rrd-VER.tar.gz
- cd n2rrd-VER
Edit dist-n2rrd.conf file
- and move dist-n2rrd.conf to n2rrd.conf (normally /etc/n2rrd/n2rrd.conf)
- check demo-server n2rrd.conf n2rrd143
Edit /etc/n2rrd/templates/maps/dist-rra_plugin_maps file (OPTIONAL)
- and move dist-rra_plugin_maps to rra_plugin_maps
define your DST (Data Source Type)
- and move dist-rgb.txt to rgb.txt
format of lines in this file is
define rgb.txt file location in /etc/n2rrd/n2rrd.conf
- change variable to suit your environment
- run ./install.sh
move distribution example files under /etc/n2rrd/templates
the following command will help move files to its original name.
- modify it if ncessary?
NOTE: Above steps are required, only if its your first installation
NOTE: location of status.* file is defined in nagios.cfg as variable status_file=/var/log/nagios/status.dat
add/update following, depending on the changes you made to variables in install.sh
Host Performance processing command
Service Performance processing command
you can disable debug mode "option -d", once everything works to avoid huge log file being created.
Incase you like also to collect Plugins Execution Time and Latency Time, then enable options -e and -l
- check demo-server /etc/nagios/n2rrd.cfg n2rrd143
Edit /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg to reflect the following variables